Thursday, October 06, 2005

What Galileo Would Have Wanted


I remember relishing the fact that I lived in "interesting times." I was born in 1969, the year we landed on the moon. I had hope about humanity's future, and knew that the key to our survival was an understanding of everything scientific and nothing superstitious or astrology-based. I now teach high school juniors and seniors about astronomy, and I want to spread the word to anyone who may not grasp where they are and what they are made of. Galileo published his ideas in Italian instead of the (scientific) language of Latin so that the public would have a chance to read his ideas. I hope to simplify complex ideas and bring them down to Earth so that anyone can understand the cosmos. Enjoy!

1 Comments:

Blogger Cellarius said...

Hey! I can see neat stuff is going to be here. I'm bookmarking this one.

I still say nature hates a gradient. I can see your view that that the Na/K pump may be love but I see the gradient between sodium and potassium as the driving force for the pump.

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home